1) By what name do you wish to be called noble player? Aria
2) Are you at least 18 years of age or older? Be honest now! Yes
3) Not all of us have cousin hiveminds, so what's the best way to contact you out of game? Plurk? Email? AIM? Smoke signals? An intricate series of encrypted symbols deciphered by a team of psychic hamsters? E-mail: email@example.com, AIM: gunnerria, main DW account: ariaalways
4) What character are you applying for? Tifa Lockhart
5) Do you play anyone else in this game? Who? No
6) What canon is this character from? Final Fantasy VII
7) Character Abilities: (Please describe your character's abilities, if any. Include capabilities and limitations so we can best determine the number of crystals your character would be permitted per month. For detailed canons, you can use a wiki link) This
should give you a pretty good overview but if you want more details please let me know!
8) What Canon Point are you taking the character from? Just after the end of the original game
9) When you are placed on a ship, do you want to room with someone in specific (permission must be given by both players - otherwise selection will be random.)? There’s no-one in particular.
IC Questions: (Please answer at least 6 in character - not including the bonus question. Providing canon examples that support your characters choice of actions will be in your favor.)
1. Does your character have many friends, or do they hold most people at a safe distance? I would say she has a lot of friends and usually makes friends easily, but to become her close friend takes a lot of time, effort and trust. From her FF wiki page: ‘… Tifa is empathic and emotionally shy. While identifying and responding to others’ feelings, Tifa does not express her feelings often and when she does she struggles doing so.’
2. What is your characters policy on lending items/money to others?
3. If offered enough money/Alkite would your character betray their crew mates/ship/captain? No. She would never betray someone who she cared about, not for any amount of money or power. If, however, she completely disagreed with/hated someone, she would have almost no qualms betraying them or turning them in to the authorities (provided she trusted the authorities to bring them to justice).
4. Does your character devote time and energy to improving the living conditions of themselves and those around them? Absolutely. From her FF wiki page: ‘Tifa finds them [AVALANCHE] kindred spirits seeking to end the tyranny the Shinra Electric Power Company has brought unto the Planet’. Tifa has seen a lot of suffering and injustice in her life, and does what she can to improve the lives of those around her.
5. Your ship is threatened with invasion. What does your character do?
6. Would your character respect the laws and authorities of the ship?
7. Would your character seek to represent the interests of the crew in some public manner?
8. Your ship is suffering from a food shortage in the middle of a journey. What does your character do?
9. Someone your character knows is gravely ill, what would your character do? She would absolutely devote herself to taking care of them, to the point of forsaking most of her own needs besides the bare minimum (food, bathroom breaks, maybe sleep). From her FF wiki page: ‘In Final Fantasy VII, Tifa is a hard worker and spends her time caring for everyone but herself... She has a motherly streak and offers sanctuary and physically protects those in need, often comforting the other AVALANCHE members.’
10. Your characters have accidentally (or intentionally) committed a crime. Would they confess to said crime? Accidentally? Almost certainly. Intentionally? Depends. It’s highly unlikely that she would commit a crime that was both illegal and immoral, so if she intentionally committed a crime it would probably be something that she desperately needed to do to survive (e.g. stealing food when starving) or to make a statement (e.g. in Final Fantasy VII, blowing up the mako reactors in Midgar because using them is killing the planet
which technically makes her a terrorist um). In both these kinds of cases, she would most likely confess (if asked) and defend her reasons for doing so.
11. If imprisoned, would your character injure or kill others to escape? If she believed she had been wrongly imprisoned and those keeping her there were not her friends, then absolutely. She wouldn't enjoy injuring/killing guards just doing their jobs, but she would do whatever she could to escape.
12. Your Captain takes an action that goes against your characters personal ideals. What is their reaction?
13) What mod do you love more? Select A, B or C!
A) Mai: "Ooh ooh! Pick me, Pick me! I have cookies and kittens! :3"
B) Kai: "Pick me, Mai isn't going to share those with you. =.="
C) Bell: "Pick me, I have blackmail material on you. ALL OF YOU."
A! Bring on the kitties!
Please also complete a first and third person sample - you can use any of the previous 12 questions for prompts if necessary. Both prompts must be placed within Empyrean Skies universe.
#1: First Person Sample
Has it really been a whole week since I arrived here? Thinking back, in some ways it seems a whole lot longer - all the new people and places and everything to get used to. But it also feels like I was in Kalm just yesterday, reading books with Marlene and laughing with Barret. And Cloud...
I've heard that some people have been here, away from their own worlds, for so long that they've completely given up on being able to get back home. As incredible as being here is, I'm never going to stop looking for a way home. I owe it to everyone back home to return and help rebuild.
I decided to start keeping this diary to remember the things that happen to me here. Maybe writing it all down will help to make sense of things a bit more. I don't know how regularly I'll write - I couldn't keep a diary when I was with AVALANCHE in case it was found, so I guess I'm a bit out of practice.
Well, I guess that's about all for now. I'll try and remember to write tomorrow, if something interesting happens.
#2: Third Person Sample (You are free to use threads from the test drive as your third person sample)